Debt Collector - 2 Posts(Nairobi & Mombasa)
We are looking for a reliable Debt collector to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A debt collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues
- Update account status and database regularly
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable
- Record and update full and complete account information to aid in account resolution
- Follow up on promise to pay and payment commitment accounts to ensure a positive resolution and client satisfaction
- Proven experience of at least 2 years as a debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Bachelors Degree in Finance is preferred
How to apply: Apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject DEBT COLLECTOR by 24th May 2018 .
Please note that we will never contact you via text message or ask for any information or money prior to the interview. You will have a formal email sent to attend an interview if successful.